- 179 hp horsepower
- 2 Doors
- 2.5 liter inline 4 cylinder DOHC engine
- 4-wheel ABS brakes
- Air conditioning
- Audio controls on steering wheel
- Automatic Transmission
- Center Console - Full with covered storage
- Clock - In-dash
- Cruise control
- External temperature display
- Front seat type - Sport
- Front-wheel drive
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 31 and EPA city (mpg): 23
- Head airbags - Curtain 1st and 2nd row
- Intermittent window wipers
- Knee airbags - Driver and passenger
- Passenger Airbag
- Power mirrors
- Power steering
- Power windows with 1 one-touch
- Privacy/tinted glass
- Rear bench seats
- Rear defogger
- Rear sunroof - Glass
- Reclining rear seats
- Remote power door locks
- Signal mirrors - Turn signal in mirrors
- Stability control
- Sunroof - Express open glass
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Traction control - ABS and driveline
- Transmission controls on steering wheel - Gear shift controls
- Video Monitor Location - Front
The front-wheel-drive 2015 Scion tC comes in one trim level from the factory. Buyers can choose to equip it with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed sequential sport automatic transmission, which cuts shift times in half over the previous automatic unit, and includes paddle shifters and Dynamic Rev Management, which blips the throttle on downshifts.
Power for the tC comes from a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine with dual variable valve timing. The unit produces 180 hp and 173 ft-lb of torque, making plenty of power at the first stomp of the gas. However, this power does not come at the cost of fuel economy, as the Scion tC is still rated at 31 mpg on the highway.
The tC benefits from MacPherson front, while the rear utilizes an independent double- wishbone system. Steering is quick thanks to electronically assisted rack-and-pinion power steering.
Standard features include 18-inch gray metallic alloy wheels, power mirrors, windows and locks, a tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, sport seats, a 60/40 split folding rear seat, keyless entry, panoramic power moonroof, Bluetooth and an 8-speaker, touchscreen Pioneer audio system with USB port and iPod connectivity.
The accessories list is extensive and includes body graphics, rear spoiler, door sill accents, remote start, TRD performance accessories and BeSpoke premium audio.
Safety is paramount in the tC, with advanced front airbags, front side-mount airbags, front and rear side airbags, active headrests front and rear, a first aid kit and a tire pressure monitoring system.
The Scion TC remains essentially unchanged for 2015. There are two new colors available, Blizzard Pearl and Cosmic Grey. The only other notable change is the addition of paddle shifters for the automatic transmission. Buyers who opt for the auto box will no longer have to compromise fun for convenience.